Doom’s 6.66 update makes all DLC free and revises multiplayer progression
Following the release of today’s update, version 6.66, those who haven’t yet picked up the game will soon be able to try it for free. A free play event will begin on all platforms over the remainder of the month, while the game itself will be on sale for just $15/£12/AU$18 during the free promotion. The free weekend events will include the first two levels of the campaign along with the full multiplayer and SnapMap modes. Here’s when the free weekend is live on each platform:
- Xbox One: July 20 (9 AM PT/12 PM ET) – July 23 (9 AM PT/12 PM ET)
- PC: July 20 (10 AM PT/1 PM ET) – July 23 (1 PM PT/4 PM ET)
- PS4: July 27 (9 AM PT/12 PM ET) – July 30 (9 AM PT/12 PM ET)
Full patch notes follow below.
Doom Update 6.66 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where textures appeared to glow on the player’s character.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where players would respawn frozen at the beginning of a Freeze Tag round.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where parts of the player model appeared transparent in some circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where players would disconnect from a match under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue in Infernal Run where picking up the ball when out of ammo would cause problems with passing or receiving the ball.
- Fixed an issue with the Multiplayer Challenge “Aimbot Hax” where Reaper Longshots would not count towards challenge completion.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer with inconsistent power item spawns on Outbreak.
- Added rotate on XYZ axis to the Grab Object manipulate controls
- Added setting to remove network limitation on single player only maps.
- Resolved various freeze and crash bugs.
- Fixed various matchmaking and lobby issues.
- Fixed visual bugs that result from combining specific HUD elements
- Fixed various freezes and crashes with using Campaign Model.
- Fixed coop crash with Bob and Rotate settings.
- Fixed bug that caused AI to run into blocking volumes set to Block Demons and AI Sight.
- Improved collision issues causing AI to partially fall into blocking volumes set to Block Demons.